New Zealand World Cup Schedule 2023 – The ICC announced the schedule for the 2023 World Cup last week. The campaign will commence in Ahmedabad on October 5, with New Zealand, the finalists from the previous edition, facing defending champions England. The event will culminate with the final match on November 19, which will also take place at the same venue.
India will be the sole host of the 2023 World Cup, having previously co-hosted the 1987, 1996, and 2011 editions. The ICC event will span across 10 venues in India, with each ground hosting five games, except for Hyderabad, which will host three games. The host cities, in addition to Ahmedabad, are Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Dharamsala, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, and Pune. Here is the New Zealand World Cup 2023 Schedule.
New Zealand World Cup 2023 Matches Details
New Zealand, a team yet to claim victory in the 50-over World Cup, had their most successful campaign in the 2019 edition, reaching the finals but losing to England in the summit clash. However, the Kiwis have encountered significant setbacks as skipper Kane Williamson and key all-rounder Michael Bracewell are ruled out of the World Cup due to injuries.
Williamson suffered a knee injury during IPL 2023, forcing him to miss both the IPL and the World Cup. Bracewell, on the other hand, sustained a ruptured Achilles injury while playing in the T20 Blast and is expected to be sidelined for 6 to 8 months.
Consistently performing well in the World Cup, the Kiwis have often found themselves on the losing side of knockout games, earning them the label of “dark horse” in ICC World Cup events. The World Cup will adopt a round-robin format, where all 10 teams will compete against each other once, followed by the knockout stage, with the top four teams advancing to the semifinals.
The final will be contested between the two highest-ranked teams on November 19. Currently, eight teams have secured direct qualification, with two more joining them after the Qualifiers.
New Zealand will commence their campaign on October 5, playing against every team once during the league stage. Their final league game will be against Qualifier 2 on November 9. Refer to the complete ICC World Cup 2023 schedule for New Zealand below.
New Zealand World Cup Schedule 2023, Match List, Time Table, Date, Venue, Time
|New Zealand vs England||October 5||Ahmedabad|
|New Zealand vs Netherlands||October 9||Hyderabad|
|New Zealand vs Bangladesh||October 14||Chennai|
|New Zealand vs Afghanistan||October 18||Chennai|
|New Zealand vs India||October 22||Dharamsala|
|New Zealand vs Australia||October 28||Dharamsala|
|New Zealand vs South Africa||November 1||Pune|
|New Zealand vs Pakistan||November 4||Bengaluru|
|New Zealand vs Sri Lanka||November 9||Bengaluru|
How many matches New Zealand will play in ODI World Cup 2023?
1. 5 October 2023, Thursday – England vs New Zealand – Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad – 2:00 PM.
2. 9 October 2023, Monday – New Zealand vs Netherlands – Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium Hyderabad – 2:00 PM.
3. 14 October 2023, Saturday – New Zealand vs Bangladesh – MA Chidambaram, Chennai – 10:30 AM.
4. 18 October 2023, Wednesday, New Zealand vs Afghanistan, MA Chidambaram, Chennai – 2:00 PM.
5. 22 October 2023, Sunday, India vs New Zealand, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala – 2:00 PM.
6. 28 October 2023, Saturday, Australia vs New Zealand, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala – 10:30 AM.
7. 01 November 2023, Wednesday, New Zealand vs South Africa, Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune – 2:00 PM.
8. 04 November 2023, Saturday, New Zealand vs Pakistan, M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru – 10:30 AM.
9. 09 November 2023, Thursday, New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru – 2:00 PM.